Volunteers wanted to help maintain the Free Space Library! Simply show up at 3747 Minnehaha, Wednesdays from 6-8pm
Our library room at 3747 Minnehaha Avenue is home to a impressive library of over 2,000 books and hundreds of zines!
Many of our newest books were donated from the Macalester Infoshop and from the late peace and justice activist Marv Davidov. Thanks to an anonymous donor, we now receive every new title from AK Press and PM Press. And donations from community members continue to add to the wealth of knowledge waiting for you to dig in.
Wondering if we have a certain book? You can search our catalog at the space or online at LibraryThing here:
We also have a special catalog for zines. You can view it here:
(In the zine catalog, each tab on the bottom of the spreadsheet represents a different section. Last major update – 9/11/12.)
Library Check-Out Rules:
- Books may be checked out for two weeks, with one two-week renewal allowed.
- Users may check out no more than two books at a time.
- Zines may not currently be checked out. Please enjoy them on one of our comfy couches! (Note that we also have a large selection of free zines to take, in the rack on the south wall.)
- To check out books, ask a staff person at the space to assist you. Together, fill out the checkout form and leave your contact information. The volunteer will give you a receipt with the due date.
- To return books, stop by during open hours and put the book in our return box.
Just like the public library, inclusion of a book or zine in our library does not constitute endorsement of the ideas therein by the Free Space or MARS Collective. Think for yourself! –MFS